Meet Jim Broderick
I was born in St. Catharines in February of 1973, the second son to a GM worker and a Health Care Nurse. I was raised in the town of Thorold with my brother Ray, and my sister Cathy. I graduated from Thorold Secondary School in 1991. Throughout my childhood and young adulthood I was active in many, many different sports and activities and was fortunate to be a part of several teams that won Ontario Championships in both hockey and baseball. I finished up my schooling at Niagara College here I received a diploma in Sales & Marketing. Fortunately for me I knew exactly what field I wanted to spend my working career in. Right from College, I was hired into my field, and spent the better part of 3 educational years working for Maple Leaf Food in the Customer service department. Working for such a large company was an eye opening experience to say the least. What I remember most though, was how salespeople treated their customers. Many companies employ the “spent 80% of your time with 20% of your clients” strategy, and that’s fine for the 20%, but what about the other 80% of clients who are getting virtually no attention from the Salespeople. I know in sales you are supposed to search for “whales” and not “minnows”, however these were loyal customers who had been using Maple Leaf products for years and because of a new sales strategy were finding themselves pushed to the side and ignored. This really “irked me”. Maybe it was because I wasn’t experienced enough in the ways of big business, or possibly just plain naivety, but at that moment I decided that in my sales world no customer would be too small, or a purchase too insignificant for me to deal with.
I have now been in Real Estate since 1999 with all of my years spent working for the same “locally owned and operated” company. The bad taste in my mouth left over from the Maple Leaf years is now gone, but the promise I made to treat every customer like a “whale” is ongoing.
On a very personal note, I have been married since 2001 to a lovely Nurse from Sarnia (Therese). We have 2 beautiful children, Hannah & Daniel.
Contact Me Anytime:
Cell – 905.321.2083 | Email